Pakistan reacts to Operation Sindoor documentary at 2am: ‘Tragedy and comedy’

2

Pakistan reacts to Operation Sindoor documentary; army spokesperson calls it ‘tragedy and comedy’

Pakistan’s armed forces spokesperson Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif has sharply criticised a documentary on India’s Operation Sindoor, calling it a “tragedy and a comedy” and accusing New Delhi of rewriting the events of last year’s conflict.

In a post on X early Tuesday, Sharif said the Discovery docuseries Declassified: Operation Sindoor, which features senior Indian military leaders and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, lacked “nuance and seriousness”.

He alleged that the documentary used selectively edited interviews, emotional narration and cinematic Bollywood-style reconstructions to “alter established facts and rewrite the operational outcome”.

“India has not declassified the truth. It has cobbled together a propaganda video to project a military blunder as a successful endeavour,” Sharif said.

Operation Sindoor was launched on May 7 last year following the April 22 terror attack in Pahalgam, in which 26 tourists were killed. India subsequently carried out strikes on terror infrastructure in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.

The documentary premiered on August 15 and features officers involved in the operation.

Sharif claimed that the documentary could not change what he described as the actual chronology of events, aircraft losses, military casualties or battlefield engagements. Referring to the four-day conflict as “Marka-e-Haq”, the name used by Pakistan, he accused India of portraying a “failed venture” as a victory.

He further claimed that Pakistan had no need to manufacture a narrative about the conflict, arguing that the operational record, battlefield evidence and diplomatic exchanges supported Islamabad’s version of events.

Comments are closed.